Just realised that the second part of an article that I wrote on the process of building an RIA from Illustrator mockup to Flash Catalyst interaction to Flash Builder application for SitePoint is also live.
This part continues with adding interactions to an Illustrator design in Flash Catalyst and concludes with using Flash Builder to include data from external services to populate the application.
The first part of an article that I wrote for SitePoint on building an RIA with Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder has gone live. The article is about how you can mock up an interface in Illustrator, convert that file into an interactive interface in Flash Catalyst then use Flash Builder to add application logic to call an external service - in this case using Yahoo's YQL to retrieve data to populate the application.
As promised I'm posting the links from the Encoding Flash Video Adobe APac eSeminar that I conducted at lunchtime today. Thanks again to all who attended.
While I was demoing the Adobe Media Encoder I talked about how you can insert cue points into a video when you're encrypting it - I also mentioned that you could store your cue points in a separate XML file and parse that when displaying the video. That way you only have to update the XML data file if information changes, instead of fixing the cue points in the video and re-encrypting it.
I showed an application that I had written for an Adobe Developer Center article on parsing XML with E4X. For that article I used an XML file with subtitle information in 5 different languages.